Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

In honour of Dr. Seuss' birthday, I read one of my favourite Dr. Seuss books to the class - "Green Eggs and Ham." I think they enjoyed it.
Image result for dr seuss

It allowed me to introduce an assignment that they will likely enjoy and also have a very good opportunity to achieve a very good mark.

They are to choose a favourite picture book and practise reading it aloud. We talked about how they can increase the interest level for the audience by altering their voices - sound, pace, and volume. We have library time tomorrow where they can select a book from the school or they may choose to use a book from home. I can help students select a book that will likely earn them a better mark based on the success criteria. (Some books are easier to add interest in a variety of ways than others.)

Practising at home with family members is strongly encouraged. Have fun with this assignment!

Last updated...

Welcome back... I've found that this platform allows me to communicate everything that is going on in my class and at the school. Plea...